You already know Hillary’s faults. You’re probably complaining about them right now.
We hear the same complaints all the time, everywhere, from both the left and the right.
Since that’s already covered, I want to take a moment to talk about 10 things that are great about her.
I’ll start by saying that I voted for, donated to, and desperately wanted Bernie Sanders to be our Democratic nominee. For various reasons, including cheating on behalf of the DNC, that didn’t happen. So we’re left with Hillary, for better or worse.
Here’s the better:
- She is, quite literally, the most experienced and qualified candidate ever to run for President. Ever. She has been first lady of a state, first lady of the country, Senator, Secretary of State.
- She personally knows many of the heads of state of probably every country on earth, and has been dealing with these countries for years.
- She has spent nearly her entire life in public service. While she was Senator, she was one of the most progressive Senators in office (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/3/31/1374629/-Hillary-Clinton-Was-the-11th-Most-Liberal-Member-of-the-Senate).
- She has an incredible amount of familiarity with the workings of our government, Senators, Representatives, Governors, etc., and will not get played into believing the GOP will “work with her” as Obama did. She knows better.
- She’s tough as nails — tougher than you could ever dream of being, ss she won’t take any crap from anyone, foreign or domestic.
- She stood up to 11 hours of childish, mean-spirited, dirty grilling over “Benghazi” and did it with grace and humor.
- She IS progressive, and a feminist, like it or not. And pragmatic as hell. She’s no Bernie Sanders, but she DID do everything she could to get universal health care back in the 1990s.
- She has the highest ranking of telling the truth on Politifact of any Republican or Democratic Presidential candidate in this election. Higher even than Bernie (http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/fact-checkers-confirm-hillary-clinton-is-more-honest-than-any-of-her-2016-opponents/24196/)
- There are no surprises. She’s been the target of GOP and right wing hatred, sexism, lies, and propaganda for 25 years. There’s nothing that’s going to come out that hasn’t already come out.
- The GOP — and Donald Trump — will just bring out the same tired old garbage. In fact, they’ll probably get so irrational, nasty and sexist that it plays against them.
Sure, maybe you just don’t *like* her, but almost everything negative you think about her has generally been proven to be untrue. And most likely a big reason you dislike (or hate) her is because of the non-stop character assassination that has been going ever since she became a threat by fighting for universal health care. Say things often enough and they seem like the truth. That’s what the GOP and the right ALWAYS does. Remember that? Remember what they did to Bill Clinton? Barack Obama? See this article for details on all of that, and why pretty much none of the negative things you think about her are true http://thedailybanter.com/2016/01/hillary-gop-smears/
- (10% more, free) If you start focusing on the good she can do — and, frankly, has done — and start getting the work done that does need to get done — she can beat Trump. And bring other progressives into the House and Senate and Governor’s mansions with her. Let the Republicans, Tea Partiers, and Fox “personalities” do the bitching while you get her elected. Getting you to do the dirty work for them is why they trash her so much. If you can get your enemies to trash their own candidates, they’ll win the election for you. Let’s make sure we’re not working for Fox and Friends, ok?